Finally September 6 is here. I have been waiting for this topic since it was first published on the list of future topics on The Broke and the Bookish.
Isn’t that sad that your favourite TV show gets cancelled, because there aren’t enough people watching it? Excuse me, I was watching it! 😒
- Red Band Society. Ahh it was soo good. Awesome cast, cute guys. 😀 It aired only for one season. 😦
- Wonderland. It is an Australian show. I was shocked when I found out that it has been cancelled. 😦
- Eye Candy. I think this one is based on a book. And since I saw it, I want to read the book, but yeah I haven’t. 😀
- Containment. Why isn’t there a second season? Yeah, I know it was already limited event series, but CHRIS WOOD. The last episode was okay -no cliffhangers, but I still have many questions. LOL, just found some article saying “Chris Wood: Containment finale won’t leave fans feeling “lost”.” Umm I felt lost!😒
- Terra Nova. Though now I don’t remember much from this series, I know that I wanted more not only one season.
- The Mysteries of Laura. This one is a hilarious series. It’s comedy and detective. And the last episode just screamed season 3.
- Twisted. A nice mystery. Guess what, it ended with a freaking cliffhanger!!!😡😡😡
Here’s Dita piping in with some of her favourite cancelled series.
Right now I can come up with only two TV shows, whose cancellation really saddened me. On of those two is Star-Crossed. It was some slightly futuristic thing, where an alien race crash-landed on Earth or something, they were put in their own designated area and, when the show begins, some of the alien kids are sent to human highschool. Love and friends, hate, and rebellion (or a revolution of sorts, something along those lines) ensues, of course. And then it gets cancelled! Argh! It maybe wasn’t the best TV show, but it was fun. I haven’t even watched the last episode of it, because I was so bummed out about the cancellation. I did read about the ending, though. Giant cliffhanger! Which is why I didn’t want to watch that last episode that much. TV show producers, why do you cancel series and end them on cliffhangers? It’s just so freaking cruel!
And then there’s Alphas, which, compared to Star-Crossed, fared better. At least it got three seasons. Not that the third season didn’t end on a cliffhanger. Like, did people die? Are they well? What the heck happened? But nooo, let’s cancel this! And this show had that cute British intern from Bones. I really liked that intern, and I really liked the character that actor played in Alphas. It was a fun show, people with special powers, that kind of thing.
Hmmm, what else is there? Currently, nothing else comes to mind. There probably are some more shows, whose cancellation saddened me.
Did your favourite TV show got cancelled too? Which one(s)?